Sunday, March 15, 2009

Photo Assistants Wanted

Left to right: Photo-assistant Julie Teton, model Leo Teton, photographer Marilyn Angel Wynn, model James Tone

Nativestock Pictures
has spent years to build up a photographic collection by documenting hundreds of American Indian tribes throughout North America. It takes dedication, focus and lots of travel. These pictures now make up a large photo archive called the Nativestock Collection. Each year I pack up my camera gear and head out to tribal communities. Through research and some scouting, I look for special events, historic exhibits, cultural people and any other unique photo opportunity that might be found on reservation lands. You might even have your own suggestion about a special event, tourism in your area, people willing to model or any other reason that you feel that I should travel to your area. How about being hired as my photo-assistant? I pay individuals a day-rate and models by the hour. No experience necessary. You only need to be familiar with American Indian locations in your neck of the woods and know a handful of tribal members that are artisans, elders, leaders or traditionalists of any age. Maybe you have a family member that would like to be hired as a model or assistant. Post a message in the comment area or email me with your contact info and why you think I should come to your area for a photo-shoot. For some individuals, this opportunity could turn into a career in location scouting, assisting other photographers or a job on a local film production. A few States that are on my wish list to photograph a tribal community or reservation with an assistant for a few days are Kansas, Minnesota, Maine, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Washington and Colorado. However, I'm open for all areas in Indian Country and I plan to hire an assistant for a few days at each location. If you are a tribal member and interested to work with me as an assistant on one of my photo shoots, or know anyone else that would like this paid opportunity, then send me a note. Tell me a little about your homelands and why you feel it needs to be documented with pictures. Oh and by the way, those interested need to have a good sense of humor to apply for this position.

Angel Wynn
nativestock@mac.com

0 comments: